The 2016 SSS Financial Aid Conference marked its fifth anniversary. Held in the heart of Philadelphia’s Center City at the Loews Hotel Philadelphia, the event brought together over 250 attendees from 31 states and Canada.
Since its inception in 2012, nearly 1,200 financial aid professionals have gathered at the conference, with many attending year after year. Over the five years, participants consistently share that they are highly satisfied with the overall conference experience. They particularly appreciate the unique opportunity to gain professional growth and learn how other schools handle specific policies or practices in financial aid management, strategy, and communications.
Highlights from the 2016 conference included:
- An inspirational opening session keynote address by Baratunde Thurston, an alumnus of Sidwell Friends School (DC)
- A powerful closing session panel of independent school leaders speaking on the future of enrollment management. Thank you to our panel members:
- Donna Orem, President, National Association of Independent Schools
- Heather Hoerle, Executive Director, The Enrollment Management Association
- Jeff Shields, Executive Director, National Business Officers Association
- Janice Crampton, Executive Director, Association of Independent School Admissions Professionals
- Two Thought Leader sessions explored trends/issues in financial aid in higher education and managing transparency in financial aid leadership
- Five pre-conference workshops, and two dozen break-out sessions rounded out the program.
- A free informational session for local-area families to learn about the private school financial aid process.
- Amazing support from our four sponsors – The Enrollment Management Association, Ravenna, The Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts, and Finalsite.
In case you missed it, download the 2016 Program Guide for details on all of last year's sessions.
The 2017 conference will be held in September to make it easier for admissions professionals to attend. Come join your colleagues from September 11-13, 2017 in New Orleans. Interested in presenting? Submit your session proposal here!
“THE SSS CONFERENCE HELPED ME CREATE COLLABORATIVE PATHWAYS THAT WILL GROW MY SKILLS AND MY SCHOOL’S POLICY.”
Director of Admissions
Westfield Friends School (NJ)