SSS Financial Aid Conference Attendance Grant
In an effort to encourage the ability for financial aid professionals to connect, learn, and share with other like-minded individuals at the 2016 SSS Financial Aid Conference, SSS by NAIS is pleased to announce the SSS by NAIS Financial Aid Conference Attendance Grant (CAG).
The CAG serves to lower the financial barrier for schools and administrators who cannot attend the 2016 SSS Financial Aid Conference due to budget constraints. It will be provided in the form of reimbursement of conference registration fees and conference-related travel expenses, up to $1,500. For the 2016 SSS Financial Aid Conference, one recipient will be selected from the applications submitted.
Click here to apply online!
Applicants for the 2016 CAG, the applicant must:
- Complete the online Conference Attendance Grant application
- Be employed by a school or organization that is a current SSS subscriber at the time of selection and reimbursement (non-SSS subscribers are not eligible to apply for the CAG)
- Demonstrate financial need
- Confirm that no member of the applicant’s school has attended an SSS Financial Aid Conference since 2012
- Provide a brief personal statement about the value of professional development and what he/she hopes to achieve by attending the conference (no more than 150 words)
To receive reimbursement, the CAG recipient must:
- Register and attend the 2016 Financial Aid Conference November 1-2, 2016 (the CAG is not applicable or transferrable to any other NAIS or SSS event, workshop, or conference)
- Submit an expense form, after the conference, to be reimbursed up to $1,500 for:
- His/her conference registration fees. The CAG does not provide reimbursement for pre-conference workshops
The grant recipient will be reimbursed for :
- Reasonable costs for transportation (airfare, train, or mileage)
- Up to two nights lodging (room and tax only) in the Loews Philadelphia Hotel
- The CAG does not provide reimbursement for food, drinks, and incidental expenses.
Selection and Notification
The grant recipient will:
- Be chosen by a selection committee that includes members of the SSS staff
- Be notified by October 1 via email or phone by a SSS staff member
- Not be announced publicly
If you have any questions about the CAG or the application process, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.